The Government announcement of a phased approach to the easing of lockdown restrictions announced on the 10th May was a welcome road map against which businesses can start to plan and take action.
Our company priority has always been one of safety for our colleagues and customers alike, while at the same time supporting the first phases of lockdown in an effort to help slow down the transmission rate of Covid-19.
As of 11th May, 2020 Trust Group introduced a limited re-opening of our Aftersales facilities across all locations. We will be extending this service operation over the coming weeks to offer both new and existing customers a full range of Aftersales services such as MOT, routine servicing, vehicle diagnostic and repair and Manufacturer Warranty.
You can make a service booking or contact one of our service centres here. Our social distancing actions and our revised approach to customer bookings and, wherever possible, contactless transactions have and continue to work well. We have reconfigured our customer areas allowing for clearly marked visual indicators to define the correct level of social distancing when onsite.
Our Contact Reassurance strategy will help manage customer and colleague interaction at all times and deliver an enhanced level of protection and hygiene across the business. Find out more about our Contact Reassurance Strategy below.
Phase Two of the easing of lockdown has confirmed that Vehicle Sales Departments and vehicle showrooms can re-open from June 1st. Currently, our Sales Departments are digitally open and available for both new, used and Motability vehicles sales and advice. You can contact our sales teams online through our contact forms or via our new chat facility.
We are now preparing our showrooms in order that we can manage our customer enquiries and deliveries onsite while recognising Government guidelines and ensuring that we adhere to all social distancing measures at all times. We have undertaken a Risk Assessment of all our locations in line with Government instruction and have implemented all necessary actions.
All of our sites have introduced Perspex screens at all customer contact points, restructured sales showrooms and communal customer areas to allow for adequate spacing between desks and are introducing an appointment structure to all showroom visits in order that we can manage the number of customers onsite at any one time.
Our Manufacturer partners have introduced class-leading sales campaigns with exceptional Deposit Contributions, Loyalty Bonuses and ‘Have the first three months on Us’, you can find out more about this fantastic new car offers here.
Contact Reassurance Strategy:
- Hand Sanitiser at every entrance and desk
- Protective gloves for colleagues and customers (optional)
- Face Masks for colleagues (optional)
- Directional signage highlighting social distancing measures
- Desk screens at all customer/colleague contact points
- Enhanced ‘rolling cleaning’ programme for all high traffic areas and contact points
- Contactless payment where possible – no cash payments
- Enhanced cleaning of vehicles (customers, Courtesy Cars, demonstrators etc)
- Anti – Bacterial wipes for door handles, interior contact points
- Steering wheel covers
- Seat Covers
- Service Booking Collection and Delivery prioritised for vulnerable / Key Worker customers
- Offsite vehicle Handover of new / used sold vehicles
- Revised ‘unaccompanied’ test drive process